Accommodation at Bwindi Forest National Park
There is a variety of accommodation options ranging from budget to mid-range and luxury lodges around Bwindi National Park. At the southern sector of Bwindi National Park, the lodges include Rushaga Gorilla Camp, Mutanda Lake Resort, Chameleon Hill Lodge, and Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge. Mount Gahinga Lodge is the best lodging choice at Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.
At the eastern section of Bwindi National Park at Ruhija, midrange lodges include Bakiga Lodge and Gorilla Mist Camp. At Lake Bunyonyi, the lodging choices include BirdNest@ Lake Bunyonyi, Bunyonyi Rock Resort, Arcadia Cottages Lake Bunyonyi, and Lake Bunyonyi Overland Camp.
Buhoma Bwindi Park headquarters has several luxury lodges, including Bwindi Lodge, Buhoma Lodge, Mahogany Springs, and the Haven Lodge owned by the Buhoma Community Development Organization.
Here we provide the names and links of some of the lodges to stay in while visiting the region.
Lodges at Bwindi National Park
- Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge (Luxury). Clouds Mountain Gorilla Lodge is a high-end, luxury lodge located in the Nkuringo sector of Bwindi National Park.
- Nkuringo Bwindi Gorilla Lodge, which falls in the comfortable range located close to the Nkuringo gorilla tracking gate at the southern sector of Bwindi National Park
- Gorilla Safari Lodge. Located a few minutes from the Rushaga gate of Bwindi Forest National Park. Gorilla Safari Lodge is one of the luxury lodges at Bwindi.
- Rushaga Gorilla Camp, located at the Rushaga sector
- Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge at the Rushaga sector
- Gorilla Valley Lodge at the Rushaga sector
- Bakiga Lodge at the Ruhija sector
- Gorilla Mist Camp at Ruhija sector
- Karungu Camp at Rubuguri, southern sector of Bwindi (budget lodge)
Accommodation Options at Lake Mutanda
Note that tourists visiting Bwindi National Park can opt for overnight stays at Lake Mulehe and Lake Mutanda. Both lakes are an hour drive to the Rushaga and Nkuringo gates. Travelers visiting Mgahinga Gorilla National Park can also stay at Lake Mutanda and Lake Mulehe with scheduled gorilla trekking at Mgahinga/Nyakagezi gates. These are the recommended lodges at Lake Mutanda and Lake Mulehe:
- Mutanda Eco Community Centre (budget accommodation)
- Mutanda Lake Resort (midrange/comfortable)
- Chameleon Hill Lodge (luxury)
- Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge (midrange/comfortable)
Lodging Options at Lake Bunyonyi
Located in Kabale and Rubanda Districts, Lake Bunyonyi provides different accommodation options to visitors. Lake Bunyonyi is also an ideal place to spend a night on your journey to Bwindi National Park for gorilla trekking. Lake Bunyonyi is very close to the Rwanda border.
Some of the accommodation options at Lake Bunyonyi include:
- Bushara Island Camp (budget)
- Bunyonyi Overland Resort (budget)
- Byona Amagara Island Retreat (budget)
- BirdNest at Lake Bunyonyi (midrange)
Hotel Choices in Kisoro town and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
Accommodation in Kisoro town is provided in lodges, guesthouses and motels. These include:
- Golden Monkey Guest House (budget)
- Travelers Rest Hotel (midrange)
- Ikoro Hotel (midrange, opened in 2019)
- Lake Chahafi Resort (10 km from Kisoro town)
- Amajambere Community Camp at the main gate of Mgahinga Gorilla National Park (budget)
- Mt. Gahinga Lodge, at the main gate of Mgahinga Gorilla National Park (luxury)