Costs included and excluded in a Uganda gorilla safari quotation?
Before reserving a safari with Bamboo Ecotours on this website, please check the list below for items covered in your trip. Typically, a gorilla trekking safari quotation includes a gorilla trekking permit, accommodation, and transport from Kigali or Entebbe/Kampala to Bwindi National Park. Drinking water when in the safari vehicle and an English speaking tour guide-drive is included in the quotation.
Bamboo Ecotours safari quotations, unless otherwise stated, are inclusive of the following:
- One gorilla trekking permit per person (where applicable)
- One chimpanzee trekking permit per person (where applicable)
- Transport in a vehicle 4×4 safari vehicle
- Accommodation as described in the itinerary
- Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) as specified in the itinerary
- Drinking water when in the safari vehicle
- English speaking tour/guide-driver
- Park entrance fees and other costs described in the itinerary
Bamboo Ecotours quotations do not generally cover the following items.
- Domestic flights in Uganda (except flights included in the three-day fly-in safari)
- International flights from home
- Accommodation for days not listed in the itinerary
- Pick up at the airport if arrival is before the trip starts.
- Soft and alcoholic drinks
- Visas, travel, and medical insurance
- Gifts, gratuities, and tips
- Other costs of personal nature.
Other things to note:
- Gorilla trekking in Uganda takes place at Bwindi National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park. There are five gorilla trekking gates (Nyakagezi, Rushaga, Nkuringo, Ruhija, and Buhoma). Your trekking gate can only be determined depending on where permits are available.
- The lodges presented in our itineraries are for presentation purposes. The lodges where you will stay might differ depending on the price paid for the tour and space availability.
- We suggest to start some trips to Kigali, Rwanda, given the short drive distance between Kigali and Bwindi (4-5hrs) compared to an 8-9hrs drive between Bwindi and Kampala.
By booking Bamboo Ecotours organized safaris, you agree to Bamboo Ecotours Terms and Conditions.