Our driver Fred picked us up in the hotel with a big smile. He was extremely nice and professional. Throughout the duration of the tour, he made sure that we were always happy. He was a great resource on any questions that we had. Not only he was a very good and safe driver, but also a tremendous guide. For example, he accompanied us to the local market and introduced us to all the local vegetables, fruit, which was very interesting. Above all, he made sure that our gorilla trekking was an unforgettable experience. He took us to the orientation site, collected the permit and then took us to the point from where we started the trek. I would highly recommend Bamboo Ecotours offering highly reliable, professional service at a very competitive price.
3-Day Gorilla Trekking Fly-In Safari at Bwindi National Park
Scenic Flight into Kisoro
Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi NP
Ideal Add-On to a Safari
This is the perfect addition to a safari trip to Kenya and Tanzania! Guests can experience a Uganda gorilla trek in a national park that is home to roughly half of the world’s gorilla population and you will have the opportunity to encounter these majestic creatures in their natural habitat. This fly-in option allows you to make the most of your time and enjoy other activities in the park, such as canoeing at sunset on Lake Mutanda.
See these rare creatures in the wild and observe their human-like interactions up close
Learn the meaning of adventure on this Uganda trekking adventure through the rainforest with experienced local guides
Enjoy world-class views of Uganda’s mountains and landscapes on your flight from Entebbe to Kisoro
Explore all that Bwindi has to offer; canoe on Lake Mutanda, try coffee-making, and much more
Wake up to a cup of local coffee as the mist begins to lift from the green hills in this UNESCO World Heritage Site
Learn about the local Batwa community and their tragic history of eviction from their ancestral lands
Click the Tabs to Find out More
Adults (15-80): $2,378
Please inquire for the budget accommodation price, this is our mid-range accommodation tour
2 persons or more: $1,988 per person
3 persons or more: $1,956 per person
4 persons or more: $1,816 per person
The flight from Entebbe to Bwindi leaves around 7:00 am local time
Entebbe Airport (most guesthouses run shuttles to the airport)
Monday to Sunday, year-round
Moderate – uphill trekking
1 to 5 persons
- Meals: 2 x breakfast, 2 x dinner, 2 x lunch
- Round trip domestic flight from Entebbe to Kisoro airport
- Accommodation for two nights in a mid-range lodge
- One gorilla trekking permit per person (value of $700)
- Transport in a 4×4 vehicle and fuel
- Park entrance fees
- Admission to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Optional activities (see tab 4)
- Visas and other costs of personal nature
- Porter fees, gratuities, travel insurance, and medical expenses
- Any other costs not listed in the itinerary
- Admission to Lake Mutanda – $30 USD
What to Bring
- Hiking boots
- Garden gloves
- Rain jacket or poncho
- Long-sleeved shirt/blouse
- Cameras and extra batteries
- Hat/cap and sunglasses
- Pair of binoculars
- Flashlight (torch)
- Mosquito repellent
- Other items to include: zoom lens for wildlife shots and energy bars/bites
- Age restriction: 15-80 years old
- A valid passport is required on the day of travel
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- We advise against people with heart problems or other serious medical conditions participating on this tour
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Good to Know
Depending on the availability of gorilla permits, we may propose trekking gorillas at Mgahinga Gorilla National Park.
What You’ll Do
Our trip starts with an early morning to catch our 7:00 am flight from Entebbe to Kisoro. The flight lasts around an hour and you’ll be treated to breathtaking views of the Ugandan countryside. Upon arrival, a Bamboo Ecotours guide will pick you up from Kisoro Airport and drive you to the lodge to check in. You will then have the entire day to explore this magical national park. You can choose from our range of optional activities such as visiting the Batwa community in a local village or get an energy boost after your early start with a coffee-making tour in this famous coffee-producing region.
Meal plan: lunch, dinner
Today is the main event, our Uganda gorilla trek! You will embark on a full-day adventure to track the mountain gorillas in Bwindi Forest National Park. This national park is the home of roughly half the world’s population of mountain gorillas, making it THE destination for tracking. The trek will commence with a short briefing on gorilla trekking rules to ensure the safety of guests and the protection of these animals in their natural habitat. You will then start the trek into the impenetrable forest to encounter the gentle giants of Bwindi National Park. This is a true adventure and part of the excitement is finding the gorillas. Follow the guides as they make paths through the thick vegetation until the special moment that you encounter these majestic creatures. It is a truly unique experience and will surely be one of the standout moments of your trip. After the gorilla trek, head back downhill and return to the lodge to relax, eat dinner, and to enjoy a well-earned night’s sleep.
Meal plan: Breakfast, lunch, dinner
Our last day is another early start. A Bamboo Ecotours guide will pick you up from the lodge at 6:00 am and drive you to Kisoro Airport for the scheduled flight to Entebbe. Say goodbye to this magical place as you continue your adventure throughout Africa or we wish you a safe flight home.
Meal plan: Breakfast
Lodges & Accommodation
- Mutanda Lake Resort(opens in a new tab)
- Lake Mulehe Gorilla Lodge(opens in a new tab)
- Rushaga Gorilla Lodge(opens in a new tab)
- Ichumbi Gorilla Lodge(opens in a new tab)
- Ikoro Hotel(opens in a new tab)
We will choose from one of these lodges according to availability
- Golden Monkey Trekking in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – $100 USD
- The Batwa Trail Cultural Tour inside Mgahinga Gorilla National Park – $80 USD
- Visit the Batwa Community in the Village – $30 USD
- Canoe Trekking at Lake Mutanda – $30 USD
- Coffee-Making Experience – $30 USD
- Mabungo Community Village Tour in Kisoro – $30 USD
See our Local Experiences(opens in a new tab) page for more information on each activity.
See What Our Previous Guests Have Said...
The warm hospitality of the people was incredibly welcoming and the gorilla trekking was something words can’t describe. Edison was extremely responsive, timely, reliable and helpful in organizing our package and I would highly recommend him.
The trip organised by Bamboo Ecotours was seamless, from the correspondence with Edison before our trip to our lovely driver, Fred, during the visit. Fred was always friendly, punctual and ready to help us with any request. The gorillas themselves are magnificent and we were extremely happy with the accommodation options Edison suggested. It was an all-round unforgettable weekend!