Visit Kigezi, the ‘Switzerland of Africa’
The Kigezi region in Western Uganda is one of the top tourist destinations in Uganda. Kigezi has so much to offer visitors with gorilla trekking at Bwindi National Park in Kisoro as the top tourist attraction. Kigezi Travel Guide website portal showcases major tours and activities and attractions in Western Uganda.
Comprised of four Kabale, Kisoro, Kanungu, and Rukungiri, the Kigezi sub-region is on the rise as a preferred destination for many travelers visiting Uganda. Hailed as the Switzerland of Africa for its undulating landscape and the mountain gorillas, Kigezi has so much to offer. Kigezi Travel Guide, through our Visit Kigezi website, is a tourist portal with relevant travel information on attractions and sightseeing tours in Kigezi and the surrounding areas.
The top nature-based activities in Kigezi, Western Uganda
- Gorilla trekking in Bwindi Forest National Park and Mgahinga Gorilla National Park is one of the top tours and activities in Western Uganda
- Golden Monkey tracking in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park
- Nature walks in Bwindi National Park
- Gorge Walk and bird watching in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Kisoro
- Bird watching in Echuya Forest Reserve
- Hiking the Virunga Volcanoes of Mount Sabyinyo, Mount Gahinga, and Mount Muhavura in Mgahinga Gorilla National Park in Western Uganda
- Other tours and activities in Kisoro include canoe trekking at Lake Mutanda and coffee making experience in the villages surrounding Lake Mutanda, which can be done after gorilla trekking at Bwindi National Park
- Mabungo cultural tour in the villages close to Kisoro town