One Day Kampala City Tour and Sightseeing Activities
If planning a short 3-day gorilla trek in Uganda or a wildlife safari for more than 3-days, consider booking the One Day Kampala City Tour and Sightseeing Activities. You may consider spending a few hours, if not a day or two, exploring downtown Kampala and the suburbs. Quite a lot of interesting and exciting activities to do around Kampala city. Here is a sample of the topmost rates Kampala city tours:
- Kampala City Driving Tour. Explore the vibrancy of downtown Kampala by visiting local artisan shops, cafes, and more. You will also drive around Kampala City to see major landmarks, including the famous seven hills of Kampala, including the one that houses the Nakasero State House, Makarere University, and Mulago Hospital.
- The Kasubi Royal Tombs. If interested in learning about cultural institutions, consider visiting the Kasubi Royal Tombs, the burial place for Buganda, and a major cultural landmark for the Buganda kingdom.
- Uganda National Museum: A visit to Uganda’s oldest and largest museum provides an opportunity to learn about Uganda’s history, artifacts, and how Uganda’s political landscape has evolved since attaining Independence from the British in 1962.
- Explore the Religious Centres in Kampala: With a population of over a 1.6million people, the metro Kampala also has very large Christians, the Muslim community, and other religious groups, which explains why there are pretty large religious centres in the city. The major religious centres worth vising while in Kampala are Gaddafi National Mosque, the largest mosque for the Muslim community, Uganda Martyrs Shrine in Namugongo (a Kampala suburb). The Bahai Temple, Namirembe Cathedral, and Rubaga Cathedral.
- Mengo Lubiri & Buganda Kingdom: .When visiting Kampala city, you may consider driving through Lubiri, Mengo, the Buganda Kingdom’s former seat. A quick stopover at Mengo will allow you to learn a few things about Uganda’s most prominent cultural institution.
- Kampala Walking Tours: You may also consider exploring the vibrant Kampala city on foot. Visit cafes, check-out restaurants, and shopping malls through a refreshing walk on the busy Kampala streets.
How to get to downtown Kampala from Entebbe International Airport
Kampala is Uganda’s largest city, the most populous and commercial. As the country’s busiest city, Kampala has a lot of activities and things to see and do, ranging from the arts, culture, and entertainment. Getting into Kampala from outside Uganda requires flying into Entebbe International Airport, located about 40kms from downtown Kampala. A ride from Entebbe Airport to downtown Kampala takes between 1 & 3hrs depending on the traffic. With the new Entebbe Expressway linking Kampala and Entebbe Airport, Kampala and Entebbe’s drive time is relatively short.